The Community Worker role requires an entrepreneurial and dynamic individual who feels comfortable working cross-culturally. While not needing to be a Bible college graduate, the ability to lead a Bible study and shepherd community members is important. Combining this with the ability to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and help people draft a CV, fill out housing forms, even educate them about culture will be part of the role. It is life on life and our community is desperate to learn about Jesus and make a new start!
- Desirable is the ability to speak Farsi, Arabic, or French (none of our Communitas staff do!)
- Proactive as opposed to reactive.
- Servant leaders pretty much rock!
- Maintain a learning posture and growing walk with Christ, a positive and encouraging spirit, and a strong commitment to the purpose and values of Communitas and how we serve in Upper Room Church. We’re looking for someone that is a committed follower of Jesus Christ and has a strong commitment to the mission and values of Communitas!
- Work with excellence. Always. At least really try…
- Keep confidential matters strictly confidential.
- Currently involved in a local church and evidence a growing spiritual maturity.
- A self-starter, able to work remotely, and able to handle project management.
- Media production experience and ability.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to a changing work environment and challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Systems thinker who enjoys the challenge of building something from ground zero.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience if a researcher. A PhD or graduate student is certainly welcome.
The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising. Self-employed or bi-vocational interns or empty nesters/retirees are also welcome. A funding plan for this position, and training in raising support will be provided during the process.